OUR NEXT MEETING

NEXT CLUB MEETING
Annual General Meeting
22 June 2010
6:30 PM
Grand Paragon Hotel
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

UPCOMING PROGRAMS

to be advised

******************************************





Friday, May 21, 2010

Miri Convention - Day 1

It is day 1 of the convention and people are pouring in from all over. Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Brunei.

Woke up early this morning at 8am, but my housemates woke up even earlier and chatted amiably while I covered myself with my make-shift blanket, a bedsheet.

As we took our time to shower and brush our teeth, taking turns in that one bathroom, the mood was high and jovial.

We registered ourselves for the convention and took our bags of program book, and nametags. However, my nametag was not in the bunch. Probably because I registered late.

We went out in search of breakfast and ended up at a coffeeshop about 100m from the hotel.

They ate laksa (which was quite good) while I ate mee suah in chicken wine (the wine was not enough!).

-------------

My brain is forgetting my speech, but I am trying not to concentrate on that very much. It would not be good to worry myself beforehand.

My club members have been extremely supportive. Wanting to make my stay comfortable and ensuring that I get a good rest.

THANKS to all of you who have been so encouraging!


No comments: