OUR NEXT MEETING

NEXT CLUB MEETING
Annual General Meeting
22 June 2010
6:30 PM
Grand Paragon Hotel
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

UPCOMING PROGRAMS

to be advised

******************************************





Friday, May 21, 2010

Miri Convention (Day -1)

ONE DAY BEFORE THE CONVENTION

Arrived Miri at 7:40pm, after a 2 hour flight on Airasia. Slept most of the way since I was tired from sleeping late and waking up early.

Arriving at the airport, reminds me of Subang airport. Smaller, but the design seems similar. But it's definitely nicer than JB's Senai ariport (for now since Senai is going through a revamp).

Sharing a cab, going to the hotel, and seeing many other toastmasters getting their keys to the rooms.

Imperial Hotel is located in town and I was very glad to see many shops nearby, especially food. We were hungry.

The hotel is ok, clean. Not new, but satisfactorily maintained. It's next to Imperial Mall - we'll see what there is tomorrow.

Sharing a two-room apartment, which usually sleeps only 3, with 4 others (ie 5 of us in one apartment. Namely, Nancy, Joyce, Lucy and MK. That makes me the youngest!

So far, it's proving alright, and it seems that my luggage is the biggest too. That's what happens when you pack only the morning when you have to leave for the airport at 2:45.

I literally dumped my clothes into the luggage, not being sure of which I would want to wear for the next few days, hence, causing me to overpack and checking in a 13kg luggage.

The laptop is important, as I have decided to update this blog with all the sights and sounds that I will be experiencing these few days.

I am wondering how the next few days will be like.

Being a relatively new toastmaster, my first time to east Malaysia and my first trip to a toastmasters convention, I have totally no idea of what is in store.

Tonight might be the only night that I have some time to myself. Who knows, by tomorrow, I will be sucked up into the festivity of it all.

Till tomorrow...


(by Division A International Speech Contest Champion, Charlotte Goh, CC)

No comments: