OUR NEXT MEETING

NEXT CLUB MEETING
Annual General Meeting
22 June 2010
6:30 PM
Grand Paragon Hotel
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

UPCOMING PROGRAMS

to be advised

******************************************





Sunday, January 24, 2010

SPEECHCRAFT PROGRAM 23 & 24 JAN 2010


As I write this during the second prepared speech presentation for this program, it is interesting to note how everyone has picked up public speaking skills so fast.

Many thanks to all members who has also given up their weekend to help out as speakers or advisors during the speechcraft program.


Each of the 15 participants have such hunger to learn, to improve, to be more confident.

I wondered about when I was their age (between 19 - 22?) What was I doing?

It brought to mind a presentation I did for my Higher English course in Taylor's College. There was a session where each of us had to complete a presentation and I was to be judged by my fellow classmates.

We had the freedom to pick our own title and it took me one week to figure out whether I wanted to talk about music or a book or about food.

However, I managed to finally find a topic, "How to Pick Up Girls" for my presentation.

Giving pointers to guys on how to pick up girls, from their appearance, to the use of cologne and pick up lines, I managed to make everyone laugh so hard, they could hardly hear what I said.

At the end of the presentation, I had a 9.9 rating from my classmates!!

---------------------

The speeches by the speechcrafters are getting better and better. Their actions are getting more and more confident. Everyone is laughing at reasons why women likes shopping.

Some mucking around, VPE and VPPR. (not paying attention)

---------------------------------------------------

Speechcraft Participants with MIM Toastmasters Club of Johor Bahru:


1. Norbaizura
2. Fadhila
3. Aidah
4. Fazli
5. Shah
6. Risha
7. Rihah
8. Endang
9. Norhidayah
10. Nur Azeela
11. Jihah
12. Yunus
13. Adli
14. Moon
15. Zakiah

------------------------------------------

I will be writing more about their 3rd speech later... tata...

No comments: